When I was growing up my mother made this chocolate walnut toffee every Christmas and gave it to all of our family and friends. But why save such good candy just for Christmas?
Here’s the “secret” Wildrick family recipe, along with a video demonstration on the Miles and Smiles YouTube channel!
THE WORLD’S BEST CHOCOLATE WALNUT TOFFEE
- 1 lb lightly salted butter
- 2 C sugar
- 2 T white corn syrup
- 1/3 C water
- 3 C chopped walnuts (divided)
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
Butter two 9” square metal pans.
Melt butter in 4 qt saucepan. Stir in sugar. Gradually add syrup and water, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally to 290°.
Add 2 C nuts, and cook for 3 minutes more on low heat, stirring constantly.
Pour into pans.
When cool, remove from pans. Melt chocolate. Coat one side of toffee and sprinkle with nuts, and let sit for about a minute. Flip over onto parchment paper and repeat.
Want to make this right? These are the tools I use in the video:
- NuWave Portable Induction Cooktop – https://amzn.to/2sw6wDz
- Copper non-stick induction cookware – https://amzn.to/2VHMgvU
- Candy Thermometer – https://amzn.to/2VNTZsa
- Parchment Paper – https://amzn.to/2VDOP1Y
Have any questions or comments? We’d love to hear from you in the comment section below!